Dessert, the sweetness at the end of a long, hard day. When it comes to sweets, Jalebi is a hot favorite in South Asia. You can find the recipe for Jalebi in my book of Dessert recipes.
In Egypt people prefer a warm bowl of Um-Ali, a bread and milk pudding. In Iran the Baklava reigns supreme.
Today I am going to share with you an authentic, contemporary yet quick recipe which you can prepare easily. I can also go as far as to say that you probably have never seen this recipe anywhere else. So fasten your seatbelts.
|Preparation Time||15 min.|
|Cooking Time||10 min.|
Castor sugar 1/2 cup
Milk 1/4 cup
Egg white 1 beaten
Dark or milk cooking chocolate 100 gms
Desiccated coconut 2 cups
Icing sugar 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
- Add milk and castor sugar in a pan. Heat till the sugar dissolves. Empty into a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and set aside.
- As soon as the milk/sugar mixture has cooled, add in coconut, the egg white, icing sugar and the vanilla.
- Mix these well and put the mix in the fridge to chill.
- When it is cool, roll the mix into balls and dip each ball into the chocolate. You can take the help of two forks to accomplish this.
- Place the coated balls on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle each ball with coconut and put it into the fridge to set.